Configure HTML/JavaScript

Monday, April 11, 2016

How to remove java 1.8 from class path and set java 1.7 in windows 10



Windows 10 degrading from java 1.8 to java 1.7


I have been developing a project which is on google app engine and java sdk 1.7. When I upgraded to windows 10 from my windows 7 machine, the by default java verion was jre 1.8 and when ever I have bed executing any task, the version miss matching was happening.

JDK:

 jdk and jre are 2 different thing. The jdk is responsible to compile your java code using javac compailer and generate .class file which contains java byte code which is executed in jvm(java virtual machine)

JRE:

jre is something which execute the class file and guve you the result. any operating system gives you jre not jdk as jre executes most of the internal java codes


How to chge default windows 10 jre version from java 1.8 to 1.7



In windw 10, the C:\Windows\System32 (c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder if you have x64 system [Win 7 64 bits]) folder contains java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe which is dafault java execution and any call path you will set for the java will not over ride it as these are highest priority in windows.To set you default path to java jre 1.7 you need to delete them. may be you can take a backup in case you want to come back to jre 1.8.then what ever class path jre and jdk is available, it will point to you java version in your machine.


8 comments:

  1. Good Post, I am a big believer in posting comments on sites to let the blog writers know that they ve added something advantageous to the world wide web.
    Microsoft azure training in Bangalore
    Power bi training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are saying the same thing repeatedly, but in your blog I had a chance to get some useful and unique information, I love your writing style very much, I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle, so keep on updates.

    Data Science Training In Chennai

    Data Science Online Training In Chennai

    Data Science Training In Bangalore

    Data Science Training In Hyderabad

    Data Science Training In Coimbatore

    Data Science Training

    Data Science Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post,And I figure that they having a great time to peruse this post,they might take a decent site to make an information,thanks for sharing it to me business analytics course in kanpur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. data scientist course in surat

    ReplyDelete